Thursday, February 21, 2008

Beware of the Ice

That is my new motto. I went to get groceries yesterday and had a heck of a time getting the cart to the car because of all the ice in the parking lot. We had a nice warm day on Tues so there was some melting and where ever there were puddles froze overnight and made crusty patches which are murder to push a cart through. I found it a little easier to pull the cart rather than push and was almost to my car when I slipped I tried with my left foot and hand to stop myself but landed pretty well on my tailbone. and slid under the cart as far as one could go I am pretty sore and my right shin has a sore because that is what stopped me from sliding under the damn cart. I was sore all over last night but a nice warm bed and good night sleep and I'm not too bad off today. A bit of a headache and some pain when areas get touched( hips for some reason and neck right knee and left shin.) I do not see any bruises and am surprised as I landed hard and it hurt real bad. I don't know how long it takes for bruises to show but I presumed before now oh well.

I got weighed in yesterday before getting groceries and lost.4 lbs. This week I am trying the core program and it seems to be going well so far. I am hoping to get some exercise going but will not be walking on the skating rinks that the town call sidewalks.

I tried a recipe that I saw on The Biggest Loser" It was sauteed veggies and chicken with marinara sauce I served it on spagetti squash and it was a big hit even the boy ate more than one bite ( he had two of the summer squash, two of the chicken pieces and three or four bites of the spaggetti squash.) This is one recipe that I will make again but not too often as I dont' want them to get tired of it lol. Anyhow I was pleased that they all liked it anyway.

No comments: